When harvest hits, it’s go time. Every decision becomes laser-focused on getting the crop out of the ground at the right time to maximize your return on investment. But how do you know you’re getting the most ROI possible? You can’t manage what you don’t measure, but how do you know if what you’re measuring is accurate? That’s where data comes in.
Farm data has never been as accessible as it is today with a multitude of different ways to collect information from sensors, equipment, weather, soil, high-resolution satellite imagery and more. Data that is siloed into multiple areas is difficult to manage and interpret. Not only can it be difficult to find, but not being able to access pertinent information can cause a cluster of frustration. By integrating all sources of data into one easy-to-use platform growers can easily look up past records, future predictions and current conditions on the go, from anywhere, enhancing their ability to measure the outcome of every decision.
For example, if harvest data is in one program or kept in a notebook, and fertility application data is in another program or in another notebook, it can be difficult to determine and analyze the profitability and impact that fertility decisions made on specific final yields. Integrated data can help growers determine answers to questions such as:
- Which product did I apply to that trial? On which date?
- How do my yields compare to regional benchmarks?
- Did the speed of my equipment impact the effectiveness of the application?
- What were the weather conditions like this year compared to the previous years?
Digital Tools Helping Growers to Measure and Manage Harvest More Accurately
To showcase the value of data during one of the most important times of the year, we are offering growers an opportunity to power your harvest with an exclusive offer that features a suite of digital tools to protect yield, manage operations and measure results with accuracy.
This offer includes:
- CanPlug™ – telematics devices for real-time fleet management and secure harvest data capture
- CanScale™ – scale devices to collect accurate harvest weight
- Access to FarmCommand – an integrated web and app-based farm management platform designed to optimize all areas of crop production
- High-Resolution Satellite Imagery and Automatic Health Change Notifications for fast problem detection
- In-Cab Tool for powerful in-field intelligence
- Harvest Maps – Automatic yield calibration, harvest data processing and enhanced yield visualization
- Access to the Farmers Edge advanced weather network with enhanced radar for improved operational planning
- Benchmarking Reports to evaluate seed decisions and plan for next season
- Profit analysis for true depiction of ROI
For a limited time, growers can sign up to receive this for only $1/acre! For more information, email Info@FarmerEdge.ca.